Sunday, April 7, 2013

planting time at last

72 degrees, overcast and pleasant
wind, 17 mph
28% humidity

The last couple of weeks have been all over the place. Cold, windy, dry, now balmy. This was the scene just 1-1/2 weeks ago:

our backyard during the final snow (we hope)
Most of my work outdoors has been of the sod-ripping kind: I've laid in the outlines of the new, larger beds, and dug out part of them. Much more to go, which is a bit overwhelming, but also nice in that it is simple labor. I call it part of my de-screening process after spending the whole day on the computer.

one small section of what I am taking out

My pull to be outside is intense. Every year, it's like this. I woke up this morning at 8am and head directly outdoors. By 10:30am, I had weeded, assembled my new tiller (which is a freakin' animal!), distributed compost over most of the garden, tilled it in, built two pea fences, and planted two varieties of peas. (I'm adding a new widget that will list the varieties of things I'm growing.)

trying to keep up with my little animal

happy tilth

made for the peas from old dog fence left by previous owners



No comments:

Post a Comment